Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WIP - and Baby Steps

I receive regular emails from TUT - Notes from the Universe. I just LOVE them because they are so supportive and inspirational, and cheeky and sometimes just silly...but always positive and uplifting. Here's todays which, of course, is timely and relates to my post yesterday:
Brilliant, civilization-changing ideas are a dime a dozen, Cheryl. Physically taking action to implement them, however, beginning with baby steps that seem to accomplish very little, is what gets the crowds here screaming like raving lunatics.
In the good way... that lunatics scream... you know?

Peanuts! Popcorn! Cotton candy! It's the show of a lifetime!
The Universe



And, upon reflection, it is baby steps that gets this journal cover closer to completion, and baby steps that finds a painting complete, and baby steps that gets a studio organized, and baby steps that.....well, you get the idea.

2 comments:

Marrianna said...

I am so glad I found your blog via the Artfest Yahoo group. I'm loving it. I will bookmark it in my "favorites" and follow it as I can. I have done the doodle thing in the past but didn't even think it was good enough to show anyone. Several years later when I find these doodles, I like them. I also subscribe to the TUT Adventure Club but don't read the darn things. I will now. Thanks so much.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Marianna! Glad to have reminded you about TUT - we can all always use the pick-me-up / perspective shift it brings I think. How interesting you say about looking back at your doodles and liking them. I have experienced the same thing with lots of my various artworks. Which basically tells me that we rob ourselves of the present moment if we indulge that critical voice. The trick is to be mindful and put that voice on the shelf. No wonder the Buddhists call it the "monkey-mind"....it really can be such a nuisance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails