Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What are we FOR?

This quote from Mother Theresa, which I have known for a long time really holds more wisdom than the simple meaning of her stated words.
I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.
This may help create a deeper understanding of her words...



It's difficult sometimes, especially if you are a worry wart, to focus on what you envision for yourself when the things that scare you most shout so loudly in your head.  The importance of learning to be in stillness; to silence those fears and worries is then paramount.  It frees us to actually create what we most want for ourselves.
My gift today is a snow day.  Not much is moving here - so I am spending a few extra moments in my room to meditate and visualize before I go find a shovel, (which will become the day's exercise.)
How can you create a moment of silence for yourself today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails